Happy May Day!!
It's Joanna, coming to you from Colorado.
In my family, we smush Earth Day and May Day into one fun event that we celebrate by planting flowers, delivering flowers or spreading flower seeds somewhere (it kind of all depends on how organized "Mom" is that year).
We used to ring doorbells, leave flowers and run. It was all about the ringing of the doorbells, and shouting "Happy May Day!" as loud as possible but my kids are older, and want to be more dignified.
So this year, we went on a hike in one of the most beautiful parks in Colorado called Garden of the Gods and just planted some flowers in our OWN yard. The park was established in 1909 and is a popular places to bike, hike, mountain climb and horseback ride. The rock formations are sandstone and REALLY quite extraordinary.
My son (who JUST went on a field trip to the park) tells me that rocks are pushed up into this position by the movement of the Rocky Mountains. Those are the Rockies and that's Pike's Peak in the background of the top picture
On the day we hiked, it was sunny at first, and then clouded up. When I went back the next day to take more pictures, you can see ... more snow.
But that's Colorado for you though, if you don't like the weather ... wait 10 minutes. I don't know about you but I don't think those flowers we planted in our yard stand a chance against the snow. Oh well, there is always NEXT year for flowers!!
Now it's time to make the announcements of our winner and top three from last week.
Our grand prize winner from last week is...
Sarah, Please contact Arlana at Sweetberrydesigns@hotmail.com
to receive your gift code to purchase your 7 images from Bugaboo.A big congratulations to you! Be sure to grab your winner's badge from the sidebar and display it proudly on your blog.
Our top three are...
1. DANNETTE #2
2. CLAUDIA #9
3. BETTINA #16
Be sure and grab your badge from our sidebar for your blog.
Here is the sketch for this week, hand-crafted by our resident sketch guru: Sally. It was fun to work with and my card came together REALLY quickly.
Our winner will receive the prize of any 5 digital images from the QKR Stampede on-line store. Let's see what the talented crew from the SSW design team has whipped up for you this week:
Here are the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge rules for playing along:
1. Create a card using the sketch of the week. If you have a QKR Stampede image, we'd love to see what you can do with it. However, you may use any stamp or element you have to create your card.
2. If you are posting to an online gallery, please use Sweet Sketch Wednesday # 204 as your label or tag.
3. Add the sketch of the week to your blog and include a link back to Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
4. Post your card on your blog along with the link to SSW.
5. Sign in to Inlinkz and add a direct link back to your card on your site.
6. Be sure to leave a comment here on this site and please remember that this is one of the rules to be considered for the Grand Prize.
Have a fantastic week creating!
Note: The challenge closes on Tuesday evening, 7:00 pm MST.